2013 Important Dates and Deadlines for Race Registration:
Mark your calendars and check back regularly for updated information as your team prepares for the longest relay in the South!
- May 24, 2013
- Registration OpensOpening day of registration for the inaugural Gulf Coast Interstate Relay! Register online with our awesome new registration partner, AthletePath.
- November 4, 2013
- Volunteer Registration BeginsBegin registering your volunteers. Registration method for volunteers via AthletePath. Deadline to register all volunteers is March 3, 2014.
- January 27, 2014
- Last Day to Order/Update T-ShirtsLast day to order extra race shirts and update sizes. Any t-shirts submitted after this date will receive whatever remaining sizes that are available.
- Deadline to Order Extra MedalsLast day to order extra medals (remember your dedicated van drivers and volunteers)!
- February 3, 2014
- Cycling and Running Teams - All Team Members Must Submit Race PaceAll members of your team must submit his or her projected race pace by this date. Do it via our awesome registration partner, Athlete Path!
- February 21, 2014
- Team Name Change DeadlineDeadline to change team name. Team Captains can change team names via AthletePath.
- Race Pace UpdateCycling and running teams - last day to update team's race pace times. Team members can login to AthletePath to make adjustments.
- March 3, 2014
- Running Teams - Start Times PostedStart times for all running teams posted to Teams page on http://www.gcirelay.com.
- Deadline to Register Team VolunteersTeam Captains can register volunteers via AthletePath.
- March 14, 2014
- Cycling and Running Teams - Members Must Be RegisteredAll teams must have all team members signed up on AthletePath by this date in order to participate.
- April 4, 2014
- Welcome Reception and Team Captain's MeetingLocation: Comfort Suites10:00 AM
If you're staying in the hotel, free breakfast is served from 6-10am. Grab something to eat, then we'll gather to review details and answer any questions.
7051 Bullard Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70128
- Race Start - Running TeamsLocation: Southshore Harbor Marina - 6701 Stars and Stripes Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70126, United States• Teams can be 6 or 12 people. Up to two vehicles are permitted per team.
• Teams must arrive at the starting line to check-in 45 minutes prior to their start time
- April 5, 2014
- Race Start - Cycling TeamsLocation: Southshore Harbor Marina - 6701 Stars and Stripes Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70126, United States4:00AM - 7:00AM
• Cycling teams can be 1-6 people. Up to two vehicles are permitted per team.
• Teams must arrive for check-in 45 minutes prior to their start time
- Race Finish - Cycling TeamsLocation: Pensacola Beach near the Sandshaker and Visitor Information Center4:00PM - 11:30PM
• All teams will finish between 4:00pm-11:30pm Saturday night
• Dinner, booze and band Saturday night for finishers
- April 6, 2014
- Race Finish - Running TeamsLocation: Pensacola Beach by the Sandshaker and the Visitor Information Center• All teams will finish before 1:00pm Saturday, April 6
- Race Party and Awards CeremonyLocation: Shaggy's Seafood Restaurant on Pensacola Beach